Friday 9 March 2018

You Rock My World

I'm fortunate to be someone who has (mostly) good memories of school and now, I love the fact that I am still learning. I believe there is always something new to be learned. This happens in such a variety of ways and through a multitude of things - people, books, TV, circumstances, the world wide web and so on.

At the moment, I am discovering that, as each new day comes, I do not have to be defined by the days that have gone before. My thoughts should not be held captive by my past.

How am I discovering this? By the fact that there are so many people who have and continue to 'rock my world'.

I'm awake now and I would rather be asleep! However as I have laid here, thoughts of the previous day run through my mind. As I go through the day I am almost overwhelmed by the way in which people have taken the time to 'rock my world'.
- words that have been spoken which encourage and uplift
- people putting their trust in me to do a particular job
- someone asking to print my words and thoughts in a local newspaper
- a stranger who stopped to look after me
- a school mum who helped me out and showed such care
- a lovely friend who blesses me almost daily and is love in action
- my family who go over and above to help support me
- each of my children praying for me - WOW
- another wonderful friend, who encourages and is always by my side even when she is miles away

All that in one day, how amazing and how very blessed I am. Maybe that is why I am awake because I needed to be reminded that people are good and kind and thoughtful and loving. Also to realise that people are willing to take time out of their world in order to rock mine - in a great way! If I was to look back over today, the truth I see, and was reminded of time and time again, is that people are wonderful and compassionate. So, that is the truth I will take forward with me into the new day.

Hopefully, I can now fall back to sleep for a couple of hours. I also hope that when I wake, I will remember these thoughts and as I go through the day, look for opportunities to rock someone else's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment