Monday 23 October 2017

Something Brighter


This was the view as I turned a corner this morning and then, as I continued on, turning another corner, I noticed that my view had become a grey sky.

For one moment the sky looked beautiful and bright and then, in the next, it was grey and dull.

It reminded me that life can be a bit like that. I might be standing in a moment that is bright and good, then as I take the next step the view changes, the brightness fades and it all looks very different.

This morning those two contrasting views were almost in the same space and this gives me hope. I take courage from the truth that no matter where I am standing, there is always a view to be found which will brighten my situation.

The view may be one of many things - a remembered word, a beautiful child, an encouraging friend, a recollected truth, a hope breathed in, a kindness shared, a moment given - whatever form it might take, it will be there. If I am not able to see it straight away, then I have to keep looking. It is up to me to keep searching until I am able to clearly see that better view.

Being able to find the brightness in the grey, dull moments is a treasure that I should hold on to. It means that when those grey moments come into view, they really are only moments. Instead of seeing everything as dull, I can choose to search until I find that brighter perspective which breaks through.

With every sun comes a new day to journey through and as I do this I know that when the view becomes dull, there will be something brighter just moments away.



No comments:

Post a Comment