Tuesday 13 January 2015

With Every Sun Comes A New Day

"With every sun comes a new day. A new beginning. A hope that things will be better today than they were yesterday." 

The above is the opening quote from the film 'The Croods'. Eep is the daughter of the last family of Caveman...she is not very happy with her life and dreams of 'new beginnings' that never seem to come, but her story is of how her world changed in an instant to something she never expected or imagined.


"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history, 
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands."
Isaiah 43:18-19 (The Message)

A few months ago somebody asked me what my dream was and I said I would like to write a book. What have I done since then to realise my dream...nothing? Until today! If I listen to myself then I will limit what I can achieve but if I listen to God, who by the way wants to dream big with each of us, my dream can be bigger than I can possibly imagine.

If we keep looking back again we will only measure what we can achieve on our past successes. However if we look to each new day as a brand new beginning, a path that has not yet been trod then we do not dampen that day with preconceived expectations...who know's what we can expect?!?
God knows and the verses from Isaiah tell us that He is excited about it too! 

As you step into a new day will you do it on your own or will you step with a God who has gone before you, with a God who will never leave you to do it on your own and "who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20 New King James Version).





9 comments:

  1. Brilliant Ruth! Someone gave me those words recently.. as we step into new things :-)
    God bless you massively

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://youtu.be/R8nsJZx8eWw
    Thought of this song when I read you blog. Well one. Keep it up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - what's the song as the link hasn't come up properly!

      Delete
  3. Powerful words Ruth - hope there is more to come - maybe on a daily basis. Such an encouragement to me today. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - there will be more to come! Not sure if I can manage daily at the moment! So glad it encouraged you - God is good!

      Delete
    2. Awesome blog... I had a similar dream.. Or still do... I have had a few ideas but then i joined a christian writing group on fb called "just write" i havnt got a book but i have a blog and soon enough material to begin an ebook.. You have made a start.. Im new to blogging.. 4months ish... Keep up the good work... Respect to ya..n greetings from yarmouf

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your encouragement. Hope all goes well with your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete